How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically created Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a way that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user in regards to customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in regards to look, either in regards to software or hardware. Different firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are available on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals use iPod hacks because they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology abilities have supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any home electronic equipment in your house. It can control your TV, DVD player, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are required prior to starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential element in this iPod hacks project is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is suggested to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include customer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify noises and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not operate correctly if you missed this essential step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any home electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is obviously really easy to comprehend. Software applications are already offered that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very dangerous with concerns to its results on your iPod gadget. Unless dealt with by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.