How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space available of up to forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically developed Click Wheel where you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a way that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user in regards to customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Different firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology capabilities have actually provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any home electronic equipment in your house. It can control your television, DVD player, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are required before beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR device
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important component in this iPod hacks project is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is suggested to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include customer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can customize noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR gadget would not function properly if you missed this crucial action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any home electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is obviously extremely simple to understand. Softwares are currently available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely risky with concerns to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.